Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My New Profession

My Oh My, it has been a long time since my last blog. I have even recieved a few inquiries wondering if I had passed on or.....

My apologies, but in my defense, I started the blog as a travel log, and we just aren't traveling much right now.

We are back in Indianapolis. We aren't off the road, but we are going to spend Spring and Fall here for a few years. That has lead to a number of remodel projects on the condo. So between the remodeling and making and selling jewelry, we have been really busy.

As you probably all know, I have succumbed to the jewelry making bug and now I am trying to catch and surpass Sharon who has been at it for nearly five years. Being competitive, I think I can do it, even with her headstart.

We have done two arts/crafts festivals, three flea markets, and one garage sale since we returned. We have two more shows (both three day affairs), two more garage sales (don't laugh, people will buy anything at a garage sale), and at least one private show for family and all laid out over the next five weeks.

Here I am at my table at our first festival, in Greenfield, Indiana.


And what is a jewelry maker without his shop. Here is ours, one of the remodel projects I mentioned.


And a closer look at some of the jewelry I have made in my new shop.


I am concentrating on working in silver, mostly leaving the beads and stitching to Sharon. I am trying to line up lessons from local artisans to coincide with our new scheduled stay here in Indy. Who knows, I may even get good at it........

I won't make any guarantees, but I will make a serious effort to get out and about in Central Indiana and have something worthy for the next blog.

3 comments:

Nancy and Larry Engel said...

I was made aware of your web site a couple years ago...Phil Brandt is a long time friend of mine. (I am from Indpls) My husband and I live in Green Valley, AZ and RV in the summer. We talk about getting an ATV, but for more tame excursions than yours! We like to go out looking for animals. We have tried to find sheds this year, but no luck. Also, we shoot prairie dogs and sometimes have to hike a distance to get to "town". We have 5 water toys with us. 2 inflatable rafts, 2 inner tubes, and a personal pontoon. If you are in Indpls spring and fall, where are you the other
months?

George said...

Hi Nancy! We are also from Indy and live now in Tucson, just up the road from you. Although Warren takes good picutres and writes an interesting blog, I wouldn't want to be spending spring and fall in Indy instead of here! No offense, Warren.

Warren on the Road said...

Nancy, sorry it has taken me so long to drop in a reply to your comment. We started out with the idea of traveling constantly. We have moderated that the last couple of years to something more sustainable (and less fuel intensive). We now are spending winters in Arizona and summers in Colorado. However, we have spent past winters in Florida and Texas, and past summers in Alaska, the Northwest, and Wyoming. By the way, this past Spring and Fall were the first time we have been back in Indiana in 7 years, except for short visits with family and friends. We had been roaming the country Spring and Fall, between the longer stops in Summer and Winter. We still hope to spend some time touring the East coast and even Eastern Canada. Who knows, a strong wind and we could end up anywhere.