Friday, August 22, 2008

Crawling Lower Cactus

Okay, this is way cool (sorry to dip into my 60's jargon, but today was "way cool"). We rode our ATV's out into treacherous terrain so we could watch some off-road enthusiasts (or to some they might be nut cases) take multi-tens-of-thousand dollar toys and punish them by driving them in the rocks (really big rocks).

These guys drive jeep like vehicles over extreme ground. Some started out as jeeps others are custom built and referred to as crawlers, buggies, or other names I didn't catch.

All these pictures were taken in a stretch of Lower Cactus that was less than 100 yards long. It was the only spot where we could get our ATV's close enough to their trail so that we could hike in to watch. Remember, I got an ATV so I could ride to remote places, NOT hike.

Enjoy the pictures and thanks to these guys for taking their expensive toys and leaving scrappings off them on the trail, all for us to marvel at.

























Well, to me this was an amazing day. The stretch of trail on which we observed was no where near the toughest they did. I tried to follow them up to the entry into Upper Cactus and decided to turn back before I either flipped my ATV or scrapped the bottom off it.

No comments: