Monday, March 28, 2011

Tortilla Flats

This is Totilla Flats and your are in fact looking at all of it (if you don't count the campgrounds). It is a gift shop, a restaurant (inside and outside dining), and an ice cream shop. Wow, those pioneers did have it good!!!!!!!

Yet, as tiny as the place is, it is packed with visitors even for lunch on a Monday. This is the real gold mine in the Superstition Mountains.....the hell with the lost Dutchman.


In this town the folks line up to eat burgers and dogs (no not Fido).


The women like their Indians tall and firm.


The landscaping also makes a good security fence (very prickly).


And coveralls instead of shorts are a fashion faux pas punishable in a most heinous and permanent manner.


More about Tortilla Flats, then try this link >>>>>>>> more about

Special Note: This is the first time I have ever used my Blackberry's camera feature, but I forgot my trusty Kodak. Mediocre is the best I can give it, but it saved the day. I even emailed the pics from the phone to my computer via hotmail. I am still struggling to stay a part of the high tech generation, but it's ugly.

No comments: