Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Leaving Montrose, Colorado

I had promised pictures of the fall colors around Montrose. Unfortunately, I had a family emergency (all okay now) and had to go to Indianapolis for about 10 days. This was right in the middle of the best color. Anyway, by the time I got back it was time to head out and look for warmer climes.

The need to head out should be obvious from this picture. The snows are in the higher altitudes right now, but heading down rapidly. Won't be long until there is snow on the passes. Leaving could get tough in a few more weeks.

I did find a few colorful spots on the way from Montrose to Cortez. There were more scenic views, but stopping along side the highway with a 34 foot trailer tagging along was too challenging for me. This is what I got you.......sorry.

Here's a shot of a small grove of Aspen, just so you can see they are really a goldy-yellow.







Sharon and I are headed for Showlow, Arizona where we'll spend three weeks visiting friends (and I'll play golf). We'll leave Showlow on November 1 and head for Las Cruces, New Mexico and then on to Big Bend National Park (in Texas). I am sure Big Bend will provide some great pictures.

No comments: