Monday, July 20, 2009

Montrose County Fair

We have made several trips to the county fair. The three big events that I wanted see (or be involved in) were the rodeo, the antique tractor pull, and the chili cook off. I have pictures of the first two. The winner at the chili cook off, however, was determined by the people's choice. As one of those peoples, I elected not to take any pictures (because I was too busy slurping up chili). I have not yet found out if my choice turned out to be the overall winner, but I personally judged it three times.

So, let's go to the rodeo............

Nice thing about a rodeo is that they always have pretty girls with flags....


and of course cowboys on their horses........


and more cowboys on their horses.....


and more cowboys on their horses.....


but unlike the pretty girls, the cowboys usually end up picking themselves off the ground.


Nice looking horses... but on to the antique tractor pull.

There were pretty tractors (pulling for the cure to breast cancer).....


there were funky tractors........


there were rusty tractors......


but when alll was said and done, there was only one champion tractor.
And it was driven by a 70+ year old women who was the only driver whose tractor managed to pull more than 100% of the tractors weight. Okay, so maybe there is something to say for girl power!

No comments: